There is a cool event coming up this Thursday at the Minnesota History Center called RetroRama, you can even dress up in your 50's attire and see a 50's inspired fashion show by local designers. This event sounds like a blast and tickets are only $15.
Here is some more info or check out their website;
Join the fun at RetroRama!
May 15 * 7 to 11 p.m.
Minnesota History Center
▪ 1950s fashion show by Anna Lee, Eclecticoiffeur and local designers (Laura Fulk, Anna Lee, Calpurnia Peach, Kerri Riley and Rebecca Yaker).
▪ Cocktail & cooking demos with Nick Kosevich of Town Talk Diner
▪ Shopping boutique by Swank Retro & Via's Vintage
▪ bingo with celebrity callers & great prizes
▪ Vintage furnishings & fashions on display
▪ Music by Lucy Michelle & the Velvet Lapelles and DJ Jake Rudh
▪ Plus 1950 60s photo exhibit, "Suburban World: The Norling Photos", with author Brad Zellar signing his accompanying book.
Sounds like fun doesn't especially come dressed in vintage, a great way for us to dig through our stash and show it off! Until Then!
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Well my ladies and gents, the time has come and yes I finished a day late but my tiara was ready for my swap buddy Dara, who by the way made me the most gorgeous crown ever, hop on over to her blog and check it out. i am in love with it, she did sucha fabulous job. Alas here are some photos, I'm posting early cause I have a show this saturday, Crated Together in Woodbury so fellow Minnesotians head on over and check out the show. There are a ton of fabulous artists. Also check out Bristols blog for the links to other fabulous hats. Also she just opened a web store called Honey Bend Vintage, don't you just love the name.