Thursday, August 23, 2007

Extreme Home Makeover in Minnesota

Does anybody else watch this show, I just love it granted I am bawling through the whole thing. Well guess what today was demo day for a family that greatly deserves this wish, in Minnetonka, MN, not far from where I work and live. I am super excited for this family, the story is just horrific especially for the children. Their mother and her boyfriend were shot to death in a jealous rage and the tragic thing is that this women did everything to protect herself that she could, from restraining orders to contacting the authorities. You can read about the family more here.

Those poor children witnessed their mother's murder and I just get so upset recalling the details of this horrible event, no child or women should ever have to deal with this. The upsetting part he had already tried and threten to kill her before.
You can read about the family more here.

Now after that very depressing post; it is raining still but the great Sate Fair started today which means that summer is coming to a close, which I guess is okay I am ready for Fall. I just love all of the colors and smells, and the apples. So everyone have a fabulous weekend, hugged your love ones and remeber to enjoy every minute with them. Until next time!

3 comments:

CG said...

I love that show but I never think to watch it.

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

What an emotional story. This show came to our town and built a handicapped accessable home for a very deserving family in our town. People donated money to pay for the payments left on their original home. Their cost of living is still the same because their heat/electricity/taxes are more due to a larger home. They are happy because they can live in a home that better suits their needs for the same cost. It is wonderful that there are people in this world willing to help!

Jennifer Paganelli said...

thanks for sharing this I love the show! For people who are truly deserving ........what an amazing sister this woman had....Jennifer