Saturday, August 25, 2007

Cupcakes I Adore


Does anyone have this book? I saw it the other day at Michael's and I so want it, but it was 24 bucks there and being the thrifty diva I am I had to internet search it first. I just added it to my wish list at Amazon only 12 dollars hmm much nicer. I have been thinking that I need to take a class and learn how to decorate cakes and cupcakes. I have always wanted to do it, and now that golf is over maybe I should try something on the sweeter side. I'll have to keep you posted, at this moment the only kind of cupcakes I know how to make are from cake mixes out of the box and I am feeling the need to break off, in another direction.


In other news I am starting to freak out a little. It's is my grandmother's 93rd birthday next weekend, and I haven't a clue what to do. She is the type that is always saying I don't need anything, and I was thinking of trying to do a tea party them for her and a couple of her friends. Does anyone know of any nice places for a tea party that won't break my piggy bank.

I know of one in Anoka but grams and her friends live in Minneapolis and since I have a two door car that could be very difficult in the chaufer aspect. Hmmm I'll let you know how it goes, that women is the busiest most lovely lady in the world and if I have to drag her out of her house to celebrate her birthday in style well I have no problems doing it. She is just absolutely the best grandma and one of my dearest closets friends! So she is stuck with me!

8 comments:

Cherry Runway said...

That's so funny. I saw that book today and i've already bought at least one or two books with cupcakes, AND i've never even made a cupcake. The photos and design are just so pretty!!

I wanted to thank you x a million for your wonderful comment. It really ment a lot to me. Thank you!!! I hope your dreams are falling into place. I wish you the best of luck! I hope to talk to you again!

Jenipher

Renee said...

Hi Renee,I saw that book last time at Marshall's?Do you have a Marshall's store near you,if not,let me know and I could get it for you & mail it to you as I believe it was way cheaper than $12 as I have been buying a few cookbooks there lately & the most expensive one was like $7,so please let me know,it still may be cheaper even after shipping to do it this way,so please let me know,thanks!Renee

Joyce at Salisburys Corner said...

that book looks lovely, let me know if you get it.

and hope your gran has a wonderful birthday

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your grandma!

CG said...

How about doing a tea party for her at your house? You save alot of $$ that way and you could have fun fixing things up.

Thriftin' Gal @ Junk In My Trunk said...

I can't believe that she will be 93!! She looks so much younger than that :)

Sugar Bear said...

Hmmm, sorry if this comes through twice. I think I just lost my first attempt to comment. If you by that book - let us know what you think. If you can't get all of your grams friends to a tea party - what if you had a tea party with just the two of you? I bet she would love to spend quality time with her lovely granddaughter.
Karla

Laura Bray said...

I was thinking of taking a cake decorating class too! Great minds think alike!